- Is your career goal to become a professional construction estimator?
- Do you want to get paid while learning from professional estimators with more than 20 years of experience?
- Do you enjoy working in a strong team environment?
- Then we are looking for YOU!
Who We Are:
At Dawn Incorporated we work hard, respect each other, and have fun! Here you aren’t only an employee, you are a valued part of our Team. We provide construction services including all aspects of project management, construction planning, and design build services. Our primary market is the Federal Government. Some of our clients include the US Air Force, GSA, and US Coast Guard. We typically work within a 5-hour radius of our corporate office in Warren, OH.
To find out more about us visit:
Reasons to Join the Dawn Incorporated Team:
- Highly competitive salary (rate based on skills and experience)
- Training and support
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid/On-the-Job Training
- Flexible work schedule
- Full-Time employees are eligible for:
- Excellent Benefits Package (Health/Vision/Dental/Life/Accident)
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit Sharing
- Vacation and Paid Holidays
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (normal business hours between 7AM-5PM EST). Flexibility – Employees may start work at their convenience M-F between the hours of 6AM and 9AM.
The Assistant Estimator is a part-time or full-time employee who is in training while on-the-job, working to become a professional Estimator.
During the training period and while under the guidance of a professional estimator, he/she will gain a basic knowledge of estimating construction projects related to building and renovations.
During the training period and while under the guidance of a professional estimator, this employee will represent the company when interfacing/meeting with customers and subcontractors. They will gain knowledge of company programs and solutions to serve the customer’s needs. They will become qualified to perform all estimating functions related to design and design/bid/build construction. They shall gain detailed knowledge of construction specifications, plans, requirements, codes, technology, and industry best practice upon completion of the training program.
- Must be available a minimum of 20 hours per week (part-time) up to 40+ hours per week (full-time)
- Must be a recent graduate of, or have completed a minimum of 2 years and currently be enrolled in, a Construction Management, Engineering, or similar program
- Must have a desire to learn construction estimating while working in Dawn Incorporated’s Estimating Department with an end goal of full-time employment as a professional estimator
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- The Assistant Estimator will be required to complete a minimum of 1,000 hours of training while working in the Estimating Department
- Through the training program you may be required to work anywhere in our service area (within a 5-hour radius of Warren, OH). Company pays travel expenses
- Attend site visits and pre bid meetings
- Review specifications and drawings to determine the scope of work
- Perform takeoffs utilizing industry software such as On-Screen and RS Means
- Nurture solid and long-lasting relationships with clients, designers, architects, engineers, and subcontractors
- Frequent communication including but not limited to phone calls and emails to solicit subcontractor bids and gauge project interest
- Other duties may be assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Adobe
- Positive attitude and a team player