✓ Do you enjoy working with numbers?
✓ Is your career goal to lead the accounting department of a construction company?
✓ Would you enjoy being a valued part of a TEAM?
✓ Then we are looking for YOU!
Current Position: We have an opening for a full-time Accounting Specialist in Warren, Ohio.
Who We Are: At Dawn Incorporated we work hard, respect each other, and have fun! Here you aren’t only an employee, you are a valued part of our Team. We provide construction services including all aspects of project management, construction planning, and design build services. Our primary market is Federal. Some of our clients include the US Air Force, Army Corps, GSA, and Coast Guard.
To find out more about us visit:
Compensation: Dawn Incorporated offers competitive salary packages with health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401k matching plan, holiday pay, personal days, vacation, and profit sharing. Compensation varies based on experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversight of all accounts payable function; independently auditing, analyzing, and reconciling asset and liability accounts; and providing support to external auditors
• Ensure invoices are paid accurately and in a timely manner
• Review and compare purchase orders, pricing, and payment terms
• Process purchase orders and subcontractor contracts
• Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing subcontractors and vendors to include sending and requesting documents needed for payment
• Reconcile bank statements and credit card statements
• Collaborate with other departments and offsite team members
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll
• Submit certified wage reports to customers
• 5+ years’ experience in accounting, associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
• Construction accounting experience and experience using Foundation Software strongly preferred
• Full understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines; Able to prioritize and multitask
• Ability to constructively communicate with staff at all levels within organization to resolve issues and to obtain information to complete projects and tasks. Effectively and professionally communicate both orally and in writing, including over the phone with subcontractors, vendors, and customers
• Excellent organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail, Self-motivated, proactive, and independent problem solver
• Background check to be performed on all applicants being seriously considered